Use and Repair a Sentro Knitting Machine
Learn how to use a Sentro knitting machine to make a quick and easy reversible knit hats. It’s a quick and easy craft projects – from start to finish it only takes about an hour to knit an entire beanie.
The Sentro Knitting Machine is a hand crank circular knitting machine that makes it easy to spin up knit projects and fiber crafts such as hats and beanies. I have the 48 needle machine, which is their largest machine, but they come in different sizes to create different types of projects such as gloves or socks with the 22 needle machine coming in 3 versions.
Be sure to get the one with the counter though as I’ve found it extremely helpful. It automatically keeps track of the number of knit rows so you don’t have to use stitch markers
Ring/Tubular Weave FOR hat, wallet, tubular scarf
1. Change the gear to P gear and turn counterclockwise until the white crochet is just stuck at the yarn guide
2. Then leave a 30cm long yarn in the middle of the machine and hang the yarn into the white crochet; rock the handle in a clockwise direction and hang the yarn across the yarn. Finally, come out from the yarn guide
3. Put the yarn into the tension lever
4. Change the gear to the T gear and then shake the handle clockwise. Note: In the first three to four laps of knitting, the handle should be shaken at a constant speed to ensure that no needle is dropped.
- When the knitting work reaches the desired length, stop moving the handle when the white crochet moves to the right of the yarn guide
- After the 30 cm yarn is taken, it is cut off, the yarn is taken out from the thread hole of the tension lever, the sewing needle is passed, and then the yarn is pulled vertically, and the handle is shaken to make the machine idling without the yarn.
- The sewing needle of the worn yarn is once pulled by the thread sleeve that has passed down through the crochet, and then passed through a loop of the thread sleeve and then tightened, and finally knotted. You can add accessories such as hair balls to your liking. A knitted hat is finished
Flat Sheet Weave For scarf, sweater
- Repeat 1, 2, and 3 steps of the circular weave
- Change the gear to P gear, rock the handle clockwise until the handle can't move, then stop it counterclockwise, and repeat the knitting action of clockwise and counterclockwise alternately shaking the handle.
- Close the fifth step of the ring closing.
Note: If you often have a needle drop during the flat sheet weaving process, please confirm whether you have changed the direction when the machine handle is shaken to the full stop.
Change yarn color or wiring operation
Put the new and old yarns together and make sure they don't slip. Cut off the excess thread, take the yarn out of the yarn guide and the tension lever, first manually tighten the yarn, shake the handle until the knot is just inserted into the machine, then put the yarn into the inlet and tighten In the controller, avoid the knot at the yarn guide and the tension lever.
- During the weaving process, please pay attention to the tightness of the wool, otherwise there will be needle drop. Once this happens, please loosen or tighten the wool. If you use finer yarn, please pass through the three line holes in succession
- When operating, please do not shake the handle excessively or operate at too fast speed, otherwise the machine will be damaged or the needle will be dropped
- Use the suction cup to fix the machine, add some water under the suction cup, and the adsorption force will be stronger. It is recommended to hold the machine by hand to avoid the machine shaking during the operation and causing the needle to fall
- The product is suitable for 1.5mm-4.5mm yarn
- When the handle does not move, please do not hard turn, please check if the line is too tight or too thick
RepairING a KNITTING MACHINE Broken Gear
Fix Your SENTRO KNITTING MACHINE Row Counter
Where to Buy Yarns for Your Knitting Machines
There are a few places where you can buy yarns for knitting machines. You can buy knitting yarn like our cotton yarn which comes in 38 different colours on our online store with great discount when buying on larger quantity.
Get Started With Our Knitting Machine Kits
There are a number of DIY projects you can do with knitting machines. Learn to knitting with our DYI Knitting Machine Kits! Our knitting machine kits are a great way to get started on simple projects before focusing on more complicated creations. It comes with everything you need including access to a tutorial video accessible via the email instructions in your order